Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-19 Origin: Site
In our integrated circuit board production process, the circuit board panel assembly is a very important step, so whether the technology requirements of panel assembly, to a large extent, determines the production of electronic products process quality, so how to carry out panel assembly is the knowledge that we need to understand and consider.
Next, I will elaborate on three aspects.
l Factors to consider when conducting panel assembly.
l Steps for panel assembly.
l Classification of the panel assembly.
In order to maximize production and minimize cost, some constraints should be considered in PCB panel assembly design. Moreover, before embarking on the design work, the human factor should also be considered. These factors are detailed below:
1. Wire spacing less than 0.1mm will not be able to carry out the etching process, because if the etching solution in a small space can not effectively diffuse, it will lead to part of the metal can not be etched off.
2. If the wire width is less than 0.1mm, fracture and damage will occur in the etching process.
3. The size of the pad should be at least 0.6mm larger than the size of the hole.
In order to meet the technical requirements of panel assembly and ensure the efficiency and quality of production, we must strictly follow the operating steps during panel assembly:
1. Application of solder paste: similar to T-shirt shielding, the solder paste template uses a thin stainless steel template to apply solder paste to the parts, which will be installed on the printed circuit board. When solder is used, a chemical called flux is used to help melt the solder paste and bond it to the surface of the circuit board.
2. Picking and placing components: After applying the solder paste, the next step in the panel assembly process is to pick up and place the machine. This is where the surface mount elements are placed on the printed circuit board. This process was previously done manually by the panel fitter, who would use a pair of tweezers to pick up and place the components. However, with the advent of robotics, this step has been automated to achieve greater consistency and precision.
3. Welding: After all components are installed, put the printed circuit board on the conveyor belt and move the conveyor belt to the reflux furnace. panel assembly is completed when the board is heated inside the oven to melt the solder paste and permanently bond the elements to the board itself. In cases where the board includes components other than the SMD, it may be necessary to insert through-hole components. However, in these cases, a more specialized welding method is required.
4. Testing and quality control: In some cases, the movement of the printed circuit board during the reflow process can misplace the components, leading to poor connection, no connection at all or incorrect connection of the components. That's why it's important to check and run some tests to ensure that the technology requirements for panel assembly are met. Even if all of these steps are done carefully, the board may still fail the functional test. Failed printed circuit boards can be scrapped or recycled, and the process starts all over again until the final result is a fully functional printed circuit board.
Panel assembly according to the type of installation components and different equipment, its operation process is not the same. According to different technical requirements of panel assembly, it can be divided into single-side surface installation and double-side surface installation, single-side mixed assembly and double-side mixed assembly. The specific operation mode can be divided into manual insert components, automatic welding mode, some components automatic insert, automatic welding mode, etc.
Our company is a circuit board printing company located in Shenzhen with 520 employees and 16,000 square feet, providing PCB manufacturing services for more than 10 years. With our state-of-the-art technology, coupled with our well-trained staff, we are able to ensure that every PCB we provide meets every customer's requirements. In the future development process, we will continue to be committed to the production of circuit boards, and strive to provide customers with the best quality products and services.
Boyunfa is a printed circuit board company, Located in Shenzhen,520 employees,16000 square feet, Who have offered PCB Manufacturing Service for more than 10 years.With the state-of-the-art technologies we employ, along with our highly trained workforce we are able to ensure that every PCB we provide matches your design requirements.